Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: By interruption  (Read 1788 times)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
By interruption
on: October 06, 2010, 05:33:01 AM
The pitches on white keys carry the main flow of the music.  Pitches on black keys contrast and interject.

It's great to see and hear all the improvisation activity going on in here.  :)
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: By interruption
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:27:47 PM
That's one of my favorite ways of finding colorful harmonies. I like how your basis of the piece involves the white keys and black keys as participants in the creation of a piece. I enjoyed the last couple of minutes of the piece with the big, heavy "power chords" in the bass and the dancing arpeggiated right hand stuff, with a singing middle voice. very nice.

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Re: By interruption
Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 06:32:25 AM
It's great to see and hear all the improvisation activity going on in here.  :)

Yes it is, and I'm glad you are here. As Wolfi said, you are the master.

October 5th has become a special day, as of a memorial. Actually there is lots tied to this day, multiple birthdays and anniversaries, happy things of people I know. But it is a bit of a memorial. A close friend of mine passed away not on this day, but on November 8th last year...but it was on October 5th the report on the cancers (plural) proved imminently terminal, though they said months (plural). It was on that day I recorded the closest thing to an extra musical releasing in improvisation: https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=36189.0

It's grown so much a part of me...I know you relate to lose, because I've read of your loss. There is a reminiscent melancholy to this  improvisation you've posted, but mostly it is shimmering with the unique beauty of your personal language, which I so much love.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert