Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Help with Rachmaninoff  (Read 3153 times)

Offline samattack

• PS Silver Member
Help with Rachmaninoff
on: October 16, 2010, 10:27:15 AM
Hi

I am an amateur piano player with limited theory but have been learning Rachmaninoff's Op3 No2 (prelude in C#Minor). I am now trying to learn the Agitato, but am having trouble reading it correctly. It looks to me like this:

Left Hand:   E             B              A#       A...
Right Hand: (E G# C#) (D# G C#) (D G C) (C# E G)...

However this sounds rubbish, partly because I'm not very good but more importantly because I think I am reading it incorrectly.

Here is a link to the sheet music that I am reading from: https://www.sheetmusicfox.com/Rachmaninoff/prelude32.pdf

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Re: Help with Rachmaninoff
Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 10:49:58 AM
Right: e g# c#   -  d# g c#  -  d f# c  -  c# e g#
Left:  C#          -  A#         -  A         -  G#
1+1=11

Offline samattack

• PS Silver Member
Re: Help with Rachmaninoff
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 11:26:16 AM
Ha Ha! god I'm an idiot sometimes. I was staring at the page for ages thinking "what's wrong here?". Turns out it was me.

Thank you gyzzzmo for your correction and your time.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert