Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Nocturne No. 20 in C# Minor, from my new CD album "Classical Soul"  (Read 3358 times)

Offline matterintospirit

• PS Silver Member
"Music is the pen of the soul"

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
beautiful and expressive .....
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
I haven't played this piece myself, and I've only got those half-crappy scores, so what I say might be wrong. But the first chords... I really don't like the heavy-light-thing only because there's a slur. The tradition is from the bowing, and no serious string playing would play it like that.

I like your tone, but I think you could change it a bit more. The left hand goes on, and the right has got this very sotto voce - which I like - but not all the time. Maybe it's just me, but I get kind of tired to listen to that for too long.

The part right before the the themes comes again (it ends in c-sharp major). You play it like nothing happens at all, and it gets kind of.. boring. At least do something with the colour.

And I think the ending is too ritenuto. Maybe it says molto rit., then I apologize, but it sounds too much for me.

Though, I really liked the second theme :)

Offline matterintospirit

• PS Silver Member
beautiful and expressive .....

I'm very glad you enjoyed it emill. as I made the album for people (and my self!) to enjoy.
"Music is the pen of the soul"
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert