Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: My pets  (Read 39116 times)

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Re: My pets
Reply #350 on: January 17, 2013, 07:52:32 PM
head swaps!.

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #351 on: May 31, 2013, 07:52:58 AM
my housemate brought home this one.

its name is puppy. on account of him having a dog named kitty. admittedly puppy bites a lot, so maybe it is apt.

here it is hiding from the piano the first time

he's not shy now though. and im not sure he is approving of my right hand and taking up the notes i was playing so i switched to left hand.

either learning intently or ready to pounce on any mistakes

finally, i can practice

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #352 on: June 02, 2013, 06:17:50 AM

its name is puppy. on account of him having a dog named kitty. admittedly puppy bites a lot, so maybe it is apt.

Your new puppy is very cute :)

BTW. You need to assess the biting right now, it will not be nice if you allow it to continue until puppy gets bigger...

Offline chopin2015

• PS Silver Member
Reply #353 on: June 02, 2013, 02:00:41 PM
Luna! Or Loony.... :-*

"Beethoven wrote in three flats a lot. That's because he moved twice."

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #354 on: June 02, 2013, 09:47:49 PM
we use to have lots of kittens when young, it just looks like its subsituted our hands as one of their siblings - i guess since he's alone.  But on the plus side, i like wresting with him! And it makes a for a shock when girls come over to see him.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #355 on: June 02, 2013, 10:11:45 PM
we use to have lots of kittens when young, it just looks like its subsituted our hands as one of their siblings - i guess since he's alone.  But on the plus side, i like wresting with him! And it makes a for a shock when girls come over to see him.

He could certainly use some cat company...
I have seen too many cats put down because their owners let them grow into little monsters. So I would advice you not to let him bite humans...ever. It's not too difficult to teach him not to when he's a kitten. Some grow out of it without intervention, but others do not.

Offline unholeee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #356 on: June 14, 2013, 03:05:44 PM
perhaps i should heed thee advice more wisely

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #357 on: August 11, 2013, 05:57:19 AM
Now that "Catch" is fully house-trained, he sleeps on my son's bed and tends to assume command.

"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline momopi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #358 on: September 12, 2013, 06:57:19 PM
Very cute.  :D

We have two new kitties. Very lovely.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #359 on: April 05, 2014, 04:18:47 AM
This is his favourite position at present.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #360 on: April 05, 2014, 07:34:27 AM

He thinks he's the Godfather?  ;D

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #361 on: April 05, 2014, 07:04:49 PM

He's so cute!!  :) is that shelf especially for him?  :)

Now that "Catch" is fully house-trained, he sleeps on my son's bed and tends to assume command.

And this was posted exactly on my birthday!!!! :P

I was thinking about posting something in this thread again! It's good to see it after such a long time!  :)
(unfortunately I removed most of the pictures of my pets at a certain time when I felt people here didn't like and respect animals very much... now I don't know if I can post them all back cause I'm not even sure which ones they were)

I hope I'll post something soon! :) Maybe a video of my pet crow being very cuddly.  :)  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #362 on: April 05, 2014, 10:05:02 PM
You have a pet crow?
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #363 on: April 06, 2014, 05:49:56 PM
Yes I have a pet crow. His wing was badly injured when he was just a baby bird, so we saved him. I thought I posted something about him already. But it's going to be 2 years in June already.

Here is a video of him sitting next to me while I'm on the computer. He is usually very cuddly and likes it when I pet him (unless he is in the mood to run around which is quite often as well :) ). Usually when I stop petting him, he complains and pulls my hand by the sleeve or my bracelets. He did that a few times before I started recording, but then when I was recording he only quietly complained.  :) I guess he wanted to look well-behaved on the camera.  ;D  :P  :)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #364 on: April 06, 2014, 06:04:00 PM
Yes I have a pet crow. His wing was badly injured when he was just a baby bird, so we saved him. I thought I posted something about him already. But it's going to be 2 years in June already.

Here is a video of him sitting next to me while I'm on the computer. He is usually very cuddly and likes it when I pet him (unless he is in the mood to run around which is quite often as well :) ). Usually when I stop petting him, he complains and pulls my hand by the sleeve or my bracelets. He did that a few times before I started recording, but then when I was recording he only quietly complained.  :) I guess he wanted to look well-behaved on the camera.  ;D  :P  :)

I can almost hear him purring  ;D

I love his voice, crows are probably my favorite birds :)

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #365 on: April 06, 2014, 09:54:56 PM
He's so cute!!  :) is that shelf especially for him?  :)

No, "Catch" tends to take possession of certain places in the house from time to time and fiercely defends them. This is just the current one.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #366 on: April 07, 2014, 03:01:56 PM
I can almost hear him purring  ;D

I love his voice, crows are probably my favorite birds :)

Yes he's really great!!  :) He's like a mix of a dog, a cat, a bird and some fairy tale creature!  :)  8)

No, "Catch" tends to take possession of certain places in the house from time to time and fiercely defends them. This is just the current one.

;D  :P I guess this time he wants to read a bit.  :)  :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #367 on: April 07, 2014, 10:49:24 PM
What do you feed a crow?  Corn?

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #368 on: April 08, 2014, 03:35:26 AM
What do you feed a crow?  Corn?

Americans...corn everywhere ::)

Worms and insects of course!

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #369 on: April 08, 2014, 03:48:35 AM
Americans...corn everywhere ::)

Worms and insects of course!

Actually, crows will eat pretty much anything.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #370 on: April 08, 2014, 03:56:05 AM
Actually, crows will eat pretty much anything.

So do I, but what's healthy for me is a different thing  ;)

But actually you can feed a crow with catfood also.

Wild animals usually have a balanced diet even if they sometimes overfeed on something. But in captivity it's important that they get enough variety in their food. "City crows" show development disorders suspected to be caused by their diet (too much bread and french fries). Crows get lazy too, if they can full their stomachs with white bread from trash, why would they bother hunting any pray...so they don't get enough proteins.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #371 on: April 08, 2014, 11:36:08 AM
I wouldn't feed my pet crow worms and insects, if I had a pet crow.  Yuck.

We have corn here.  Might as well eat it.

What do you feed that crow Littletune?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #372 on: April 08, 2014, 04:31:45 PM

What do you feed that crow Littletune?

Well it's true. He would eat pretty much anything! :)
The first thing the vet told us to try to give him (because in the beginning while he was at the vet he didn't even want to eat) was cat food. And he still eats cat food, he doesn't mind dog food either  :P well actually he also eats "normal" bird food (the one I have for cockatiels and budgies), so seeds mostly, especially sunflower seeds. He eats turtle food, fish food (if he finds some) and even guinea pig food (specially the treats which have milk or cheese in them).
Every day he also gets some vegetables and fruits (like letuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato and an apple or sometimes a strawberry and he especially likes grapes).
He also has special food for fruit- and insect- eating bidrs (so food with fruits and bugs - not live ones of course), he likes the insect food yes (you can tell they eat bugs in nature, he also tries to catch bugs himself if he sees them - and I try to stop him).
He also likes all sorts of nuts (haselnuts, peanuts, he really likes it if you give him the whole peanut or walnut and he has to open it himself).
He also wants to eat everything we eat, but of course we're careful about not giving him too much. If he is in the dining room when my dad is eating, he sometimes even gets some meat  :-X  ::) (I'm not too happy about it), he would also eat sweets like buscuits and even chocolate (just a few days ago he took a really large piece of chocolate from my dad, but fotunately he didn't eat it so quickly so I noticed and took it away fom him).
Oh of course he would eat bread, eggs, he likes milk, cream, yoghurt and he is crazy about cheese (he kinda starts shaking and nervously jumping when he sees someone is eating cheese).
Oh and of course he also likes corn (and corn flakes).

But the food he gets in his food bowl is cat food + fruit and insect food + some vitamins + some fresh vegetables and fruits. Occasionally some egg-food (or a little bit of a fresh egg) and some seeds and nuts. And lots of water, because he LOVES water, he drinks a lot of water, he puts food in the water (specially dry food), he puts toys in the water and he takes a bath every day.  :)  8)

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #373 on: April 08, 2014, 05:22:01 PM
Well it's true. He would eat pretty much anything! :)
The first thing the vet told us to try to give him (because in the beginning while he was at the vet he didn't even want to eat) was cat food. And he still eats cat food, he doesn't mind dog food either  :P well actually he also eats "normal" bird food (the one I have for cockatiels and budgies), so seeds mostly, especially sunflower seeds. He eats turtle food, fish food (if he finds some) and even guinea pig food (specially the treats which have milk or cheese in them).
Every day he also gets some vegetables and fruits (like letuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato and an apple or sometimes a strawberry and he especially likes grapes).
He also has special food for fruit- and insect- eating bidrs (so food with fruits and bugs - not live ones of course), he likes the insect food yes (you can tell they eat bugs in nature, he also tries to catch bugs himself if he sees them - and I try to stop him).
He also likes all sorts of nuts (haselnuts, peanuts, he really likes it if you give him the whole peanut or walnut and he has to open it himself).
He also wants to eat everything we eat, but of course we're careful about not giving him too much. If he is in the dining room when my dad is eating, he sometimes even gets some meat  :-X  ::) (I'm not too happy about it), he would also eat sweets like buscuits and even chocolate (just a few days ago he took a really large piece of chocolate from my dad, but fotunately he didn't eat it so quickly so I noticed and took it away fom him).
Oh of course he would eat bread, eggs, he likes milk, cream, yoghurt and he is crazy about cheese (he kinda starts shaking and nervously jumping when he sees someone is eating cheese).
Oh and of course he also likes corn (and corn flakes).

But the food he gets in his food bowl is cat food + fruit and insect food + some vitamins + some fresh vegetables and fruits. Occasionally some egg-food (or a little bit of a fresh egg) and some seeds and nuts. And lots of water, because he LOVES water, he drinks a lot of water, he puts food in the water (specially dry food), he puts toys in the water and he takes a bath every day.  :)  8)

He's a lucky crow, you take very good care of him!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #374 on: April 09, 2014, 03:25:52 PM
He's a lucky crow, you take very good care of him!

Thank you Outin! :) I really hope we're doing everything right!!! We really didn't know much about crows in the beginning, even the vet didn't know exactly what would be the best for a crow, but we're learning and finding new things all the time. :) for a while he was having some problems and didn't have all the feathers (or they were broken, probably from the time when he was injured), but now he got all new feathers and he's really beautiful!!!!  :)  8)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #375 on: April 16, 2014, 07:00:12 AM
Crows are especially intelligent.  You should see them here in tokyo.  They're gigantic.  A little scary, actually...

Offline fleetfingers

• PS Silver Member
Reply #376 on: April 16, 2014, 07:05:27 AM
You are in Tokyo now?

theholygideons

Reply #377 on: April 16, 2014, 09:01:06 AM
I want a pet magpie...
I always see them flying onto my balcony. Such beautiful birds. I wish it would let me touch its feathers.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #378 on: July 23, 2014, 12:33:24 PM

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #379 on: July 23, 2014, 02:09:55 PM

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #380 on: July 24, 2014, 12:38:54 AM
I liked this one.

Or the one where someone found a black cat with a white strip down the center.  I couldn't find a pic of it though.

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #381 on: July 24, 2014, 04:17:51 AM

Or the one where someone found a black cat with a white strip down the center.  I couldn't find a pic of it though.

Do the schools in US still offer biology lessons?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #382 on: March 11, 2015, 10:21:21 AM
i want one

Offline 8_octaves

Reply #383 on: March 11, 2015, 11:03:52 AM
What a nice thread!!

Furry, and fluffy!! I want all the pets!!

But sometimes some pets look a bit...strange?  ;D

I had a (mostly) black dog myself, and a rabbit bunny, which was black, too! But now they are dust. :(

But I like rabbits very much, they are friendly :), furry and fluffy, like these ones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byb1hIUDW9k

8_oct!
"Never be afraid to play before an artist.
The artist listens for that which is well done,
the person who knows nothing listens for the faults." (T. Carreño, quoting her 2nd teacher, Gottschalk.)

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #384 on: July 14, 2015, 05:30:04 PM

Offline minor9th

• PS Silver Member
Reply #385 on: August 25, 2015, 08:09:37 PM
My kittens, Lucy (rt) and Ethel (lt) at age 8 weeks on the day we adopted them. They are sisters.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
"Catch"
Reply #386 on: August 25, 2015, 09:16:49 PM
"Catch" has put on too much weight and has ceased catching rats and mice.

Before

Before

After: Mr Fat Sausage Cat

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #387 on: August 26, 2015, 01:37:49 PM
I'm wondering what's become of littletune... :'(

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #388 on: August 26, 2015, 11:37:46 PM
Yep and all the others who faded away.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #389 on: August 27, 2015, 10:38:12 AM
Suddenly...

Offline pencilart3

• PS Silver Member
Reply #390 on: January 14, 2016, 09:12:07 PM

Our family dog, Cody, died last summer...

So I've had this sweet puppy for a few months! She is really really REALLY nice, but she goes poop in the house... quit it, Cleo!! And you will be the perfect dog!! :D And she's not the family's dog anymore. She is mine! Which means I have full responsibilities... and not really any benefits... ;D

You might have seen one of my videos without knowing it was that nut from the forum
youtube.com/noahjohnson1810

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #391 on: March 04, 2016, 05:21:35 PM
this is someone's cut pet bunny eating fruit. note sure if it's adorable or terrifying, perhaps both
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert