Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bach/Liszt: Prelude in a minor BWV 543  (Read 6682 times)

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Bach/Liszt: Prelude in a minor BWV 543
on: April 10, 2011, 12:27:37 AM
Hello everyone! This is a Liszt transcription of an organ piece by Bach I used to play that I've recently started playing again. I'm considering playing the prelude (and fugue - I'll try to make a video for that one as well) in a recital later this year. Do you think that could be a good idea?
I did do some small mistakes in some of the passagework due to be stressed about having a mic recording everything, so the question is how that'll work out in a concert enviroment :P

Feedback on my playing is much appreciated!
Thanks  ;)

Offline liordavid

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach/Liszt: Prelude in a minor BWV 543
Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:54:47 PM
brilliant!

Offline lelle

• PS Gold Member
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:47 PM
wow, thanks!  :o I'm happy that you liked it  :)

more feedback and comments are of course welcome!

Offline musicmentee

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:23:35 AM
Awesome!

I've never played or heard this piece before, but I'm a big bach fan so I enjoyed it thoroughly. The intro was done very well, had to listen to it twice, the way you brought out the left hand and did the build up was great!

Offline ianov

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:21:50 PM
Well done! I thought you did a great job, would love to hear you play the fugue as well, are you going to record it soon? Hope you might be able to help me with some fingerings! (see post in student section)  :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert