Piano Forum logo
October 31, 2014, 06:55:34 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Live Streamed Piano Recital with Murray McLachlan

A new piano recital series has been launched in Stockholm this fall. The first recital, with pianist Peter Jablonski took place on September 15 and today, you can hear British pianist Murray McLachlan play live from The Royal Academy of Fine Arts. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bach/Liszt: Prelude in a minor BWV 543  (Read 2529 times)
lelle
PS Silver Member

« on: April 10, 2011, 12:27:37 AM »

Hello everyone! This is a Liszt transcription of an organ piece by Bach I used to play that I've recently started playing again. I'm considering playing the prelude (and fugue - I'll try to make a video for that one as well) in a recital later this year. Do you think that could be a good idea?
I did do some small mistakes in some of the passagework due to be stressed about having a mic recording everything, so the question is how that'll work out in a concert enviroment Tongue

Feedback on my playing is much appreciated!
Thanks  Wink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCv9wypzn0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXCv9wypzn0</a>
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Bach: Prelude & Fugue for Organ, BWV 543
liordavid
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:54:47 PM »

brilliant!
lelle
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 08:23:47 PM »

wow, thanks!  Shocked I'm happy that you liked it  Smiley

more feedback and comments are of course welcome!
musicmentee
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 05:23:35 AM »

Awesome!

I've never played or heard this piece before, but I'm a big bach fan so I enjoyed it thoroughly. The intro was done very well, had to listen to it twice, the way you brought out the left hand and did the build up was great!
ianov
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 10:21:50 PM »

Well done! I thought you did a great job, would love to hear you play the fugue as well, are you going to record it soon? Hope you might be able to help me with some fingerings! (see post in student section)  Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: