Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven Sonata  (Read 3104 times)

Offline pianovlad1996

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven Sonata
on: July 04, 2011, 04:39:25 PM
Hello! ;D
I recently finished Beethoven Sonata Op.90 (all movements) and I was wondering what sonata should I play. I decided to play another Beethoven. Please write some grade 8 and 8+ ( but not the op.100' sonatas because they are relly hard). ::)
Current repertoire:
Bach Toccata in E minor
Beethoven Sonata op.110
Rachmaninov Corelli Variations
Liszt Paganini Etudes No.2 and 6.
Strauss Burlesque in d minor, Brahms piano concerto No.2.

Offline punkpianist360

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven Sonata
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 09:20:18 PM
Decide yourself!  The person that would know best if yourself!  Or, if you're a, what I call, "dependent musician", consult your teacher :D
Inspire, be Inspired, and Aspire.

https://www.musicbymyles.com

Offline gerryjay

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 02:43:02 AM
Hello! ;D
I recently finished Beethoven Sonata Op.90 (all movements) and I was wondering what sonata should I play. I decided to play another Beethoven. Please write some grade 8 and 8+ ( but not the op.100' sonatas because they are relly hard). ::)
Dear Vlad,
the immediate ideas are opp. 2/1, 10/1, 13, 14/1, 26, 27/2, and 54. If you feel more adventurous (or bold), I'll tell you to try something from opus 31 (number two is the most famous, but numbers one and three are fabulous works as well).

By the way, if you are into grades and stuff, I suggest you take a look at the diploma levels of some board (ABRSM, Trinity, LCM). If you did play Beethoven's opus 90, the graded steps (even grade 8) are behind you by now.

Best regards,
Jay.

Offline precipitato

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 02:39:47 PM
les adieux op.81a or op.31 no.1?
i feel appassionata and waldstein should be categorised together with the op 100+ sonatas, all of them are devilish (i have done appassionata, very tough.) but if you feel you are ready then go for it!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert