Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Prokofiev - Ten Pieces from Romeo and Juliet, op.75: I. Folk Dance  (Read 2668 times)

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
this is the heart of a program called amantes sunt amentes, which means lovers are lunatics. the full program was:

Grieg - Three Norwegian Peasant Dances from op.72
Medtner - Two Tales
Brahms - Schumann Variations, op.9

Byrd - Pavana Lachrymae
Ades - Darknesse Visible
Prokofiev - Ten Pieces from Romeo and Juliet, op.75

the folk dance, the first of the prokofiev set, came off a bit on the wild side but rather fun i should think.

Offline scottmcc

• PS Silver Member
I can hear the exuberance!  I'm surprised nobody has commented.  I would have loved to hear this recital in person, but thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Now when are you getting a record deal???

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
May I just say, being a non-pianist but an addicted listener,
... just one word...WOW!!!! :)   THANKS..
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert