Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Improvisation #1- Fragments: An ode to my tummy  (Read 2051 times)

Offline kolme662

• PS Silver Member
Improvisation #1- Fragments: An ode to my tummy
on: July 16, 2011, 04:45:58 PM
Hi,

I am a new member to this forum so maybe an introduction would be appropriate. I study classical piano in a Music Academy as my main instrument. This improvisation isn't quite classical, but I hope someone enjoys it as much as I did playing it.

I caught myself on my recorder today. I started to improvise a few days back (I almost never do it, even though I practice compositions), and I've fallen for it now. Wanted to upload this, but had sooo many difficulties (read: my Vitamix blurped all over me, my boyfriend is mad as hell, audio editors didn't work, I couldn't get .wma to work on my mac etc. + the old farts in piano society) Please be kind, guys :)

These are fragments of my improvisations today. I haven't done this a lot, but I am very keen to learn and there is a whole world out there. The piece is called An ode to my tummy(, because I was proud of it today, haha) the instrument is my Yamaha C3.

PS. I tried to post this to piano society, but it failed terribly and they almost threw me out, so please be kind to me <3. (Though, you seem much nicer than them ^__^)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Improvisation #1- Fragments: An ode to my tummy
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 02:37:59 AM
Welcome to the pianostreet improv forum. I enjoyed these, I hope you stick around and post more! This place always seems to have fits and starts of activity. It seems an awful lot of times we'll get a new poster, someone will say something nice, and then they will go "meh" and we'll never see them again. People tend not to say what they want out of being here, and then leave. Oh well...  :)  It's really quite a shame. I really grew up as an improviser due to meeting good friends here and talking to them about it.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert