Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Bach - Prelude and Fugue in c minor, BWV871 (WTC II)  (Read 5767 times)

Offline andhow04

• PS Silver Member
Bach - Prelude and Fugue in c minor, BWV871 (WTC II)
on: October 22, 2011, 12:37:50 PM
the c minor from the second book.  the prelude is not unlike the prelude of the first book, at least in its figuration.
the fugue has the unforgettable augmentation of the subject, which i have always loved but never realized until i played it, that the augmentaiton is accompanied by both the subject at normal speed, and the subject in inversion!  it ends with a magnificent stretto .

the link to c minor from book I:
https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=42475.0

(17)

Offline scottmcc

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach - Prelude and Fugue in c minor, BWV871 (WTC II)
Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 01:22:32 PM
I haven't a lot to say here other than "bravo!"  your aptitude for bach shines once again, and I continue to enjoy your beautiful recordings.  keep it up!

Offline arielpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:09 PM
Great clarity and nice voice leading. I think I'd use a bit more dynamics though...

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 09:13:22 PM
NIce....I can hear the subject. Bring it out more and shape the fugue a little more. Nearly there.
Funny? How? How am I funny?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert