Piano Forum logo
September 02, 2014, 01:51:58 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Top downloads - #4:
Beethoven - Piano Sonata (Moonlight)

Beethoven's most popular sonata. It is dedicated to his pupil, 17-year-old Countess Giulietta Guicciardi, with whom Beethoven was, or had been, in love. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Chronicles of Narnia - The Battle (Piano arrangement)  (Read 6337 times)
robertpeeterspiano
PS Silver Member

« on: December 10, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »

Hey guys!

This is my first self-made piano arrangement of one of (IMO) the best music scores ever written.

Any feedback is more than welcome!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db3JpzuTD0U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db3JpzuTD0U</a>

Also: Does anyone know how I can legally sell sheet music of this?
And: Does anyone know if I can contact Harry Gregson-Williams and ask his opinion?

Thanx!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
49410enrique
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »

good job man! keep 'em coming you've got a good sense of balance on writing for the instrument.

on getting publishing rights, hmm you'd prob need to contact the since the composer and depending on contracts the studio would probably need to get in on any and all royalties.

you could probably get a non commercial copyright easier and put the music out for free but at least make sure you get credit as the arranger in any public performances again, it might be as easy and going to legal zoom and filling out a form or something
robertpeeterspiano
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »

good job man! keep 'em coming you've got a good sense of balance on writing for the instrument.

on getting publishing rights, hmm you'd prob need to contact the since the composer and depending on contracts the studio would probably need to get in on any and all royalties.

you could probably get a non commercial copyright easier and put the music out for free but at least make sure you get credit as the arranger in any public performances again, it might be as easy and going to legal zoom and filling out a form or something

Thanx for your reply! Smiley
pianoplayjl
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:49:09 PM »

Another virtuosic piece! Nicely played. The theme is very inspirational and noble. I like how you make several altercations throughout the piece but keeping the theme idea.

JL

A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification.
perfect_pitch
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 02:48:09 AM »

Hey Robert...

I wish I knew... I'm trying to get hold of Disney to try and sell my Arrangement of my 'Pirates of the Caribbean Medley' for Solo Piano... so I'm in the same boat as you.

Maybe we could help each other out. I did enjoy your performance and I'm glad to see someone else can transcribe and arrange to such a high standard.
robertpeeterspiano
PS Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »

Hey Robert...

I wish I knew... I'm trying to get hold of Disney to try and sell my Arrangement of my 'Pirates of the Caribbean Medley' for Solo Piano... so I'm in the same boat as you.

Maybe we could help each other out. I did enjoy your performance and I'm glad to see someone else can transcribe and arrange to such a high standard.

Sure! If I know anything, I'll let you know Smiley
Can I listen to your arrangement? Smiley
perfect_pitch
PS Silver Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 12:05:23 AM »

It's right here, hope you like it:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HclTyDTHbpI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HclTyDTHbpI</a>

I've tried e-mailing a number of Disney Contact pages as I was told they own the rights to the music - so far got nothing...  Sad
robertpeeterspiano
PS Silver Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

Nice arrangement Smiley

I figured out what the agency of HG Williams is, so when I have money on my skype account, I am going to call them. They should give me some good advise Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: