Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: Liszt's Transcendental etude #8 - Wilde Jagd  (Read 3379 times)

Offline koopakool

• PS Silver Member
VIDEO: Liszt's Transcendental etude #8 - Wilde Jagd
on: February 04, 2012, 05:21:35 PM
Well not really a video of me playing, it's audio only but put it on youtube. Hello! I'm new here, nice to meet you all, I'm an amateur pianist from Canada, can't wait to discover all these performances from others like me. I love that kind of forum! Finally got a decent take of Liszt's Transcendental etude 8! Played on a digital piano recorded with a mono jack, I got to equip myself better sorry...

I'm just totally in a mood for Liszt these days. I'm currently working on Totentanz, it's hard T__T, but it definitely releases tension after a day's work :]

Offline liszt85

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO: Liszt's Transcendental etude #8 - Wilde Jagd
Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 06:08:40 PM
You're way better than the average amateur pianist (me for instance) and I totally enjoyed your performance. That you're able to do justice to the piece even on a digital piano speaks to your abilities as a pianist and this will sound even better if you get to play on a good piano (a Steinway or a Boesendorfer or something)! Thanks for sharing.

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 06:24:00 PM
You handle this very well .. :) congratulations.
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 09:03:56 PM
 Interesting.  You just signed up today and decided to post the Wilde Jagd.  Interesting...
It's sort of a wierd sounding electronic job.  Can't really judge.

Offline koopakool

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2012, 11:30:31 PM
Interesting.  You just signed up today and decided to post the Wilde Jagd.  Interesting...
It's sort of a wierd sounding electronic job.  Can't really judge.

I know what you mean, I surely would have loved showing you something recorded on a grand, but a digital Roland + effects is all I have for now, but one day! one day! :]

Offline cabbynum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 03:52:42 PM
I know what you mean, I surely would have loved showing you something recorded on a grand, but a digital Roland + effects is all I have for now, but one day! one day! :]

THis sounded really really good. Congratulations!
My favorite TEs are
4, 7, 8, 12, and 10

congrats again, this is a huge accomplishment
Just here to lurk and cringe at my old posts now.

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 05:16:26 PM
Well played!

Great contrast between the major and minor sections.

Personally, I like to play this Etude a little bit slower, but with a very persistent rhythm throughout.

Your rendition was exciting to listen to! Very well-controlled, yet passionate. I think this combo is extremely difficult to achieve in Liszt's music, and you've done a great job!

Many people get the control but lack the passion, while others get the passion, but lack the control.

Liszt himself could play with such terrifying quantities of both, but without them canceling each other out.

I don't think it needs to go any faster at all! Liszt was known for taking moderate tempi!

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 05:37:50 PM
I would be very interested to hear how you play music from earlier time periods that has fewer notes.

Do you work on Baroque or Classical style much?

Offline mike_lang

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 10:20:34 AM
Well not really a video of me playing, it's audio only but put it on youtube. Hello! I'm new here, nice to meet you all, I'm an amateur pianist from Canada, can't wait to discover all these performances from others like me. I love that kind of forum! Finally got a decent take of Liszt's Transcendental etude 8! Played on a digital piano recorded with a mono jack, I got to equip myself better sorry...

I'm just totally in a mood for Liszt these days. I'm currently working on Totentanz, it's hard T__T, but it definitely releases tension after a day's work :]

That's not a bad sounding digital piano! Who makes it?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert