Piano Forum

Topic: Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 Video  (Read 10940 times)

Offline vincentl

• PS Silver Member
Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 Video
on: April 03, 2012, 07:23:58 AM
Hello, this is my first time posting here on the Audition Room. I'm just hoping to hear some comments and/or criticism other than the ones I receive from my family members. Some tips and advice to help me play this piece better are also welcome.

The recording took place on March 8, 2012 2:11 P.M. on my Casio Piano PX-410R. Sorry for the bad quality. Thank you.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Offline johnmar78

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 Video
Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 04:03:15 PM
Vincent, here is my major findings for your improvement...

Time 49,1.48 and rest trills are too harsh, you need practice it slowly and evenly, atm its to hard and agitated.
1.24-1.26 and 2.25-2.28 when playing loud you tends to increase tempo. Is that rubato or an error.  At ending time 4 minutes 4 1/16th, you should count for group of 12X4. You only played 4X4... ;D

Fix these up you will be better by 50%.

Cheers

Offline vincentl

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin - Nocturne Op. 9 No.2 Video
Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 06:44:44 AM
Thank you for the great advice! I will fix those errors right away. It is so refreshing to receive a comment from a musician. In the parts 1:24 - 1:26 and 2:25 - 2:28, I am embarrassed to say that I actually intended those to be rubatos; I guess it sounds quite bad to be considered as rubatos.  :( Thanks again, I will study this piece with more diligence. :)
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." -Oscar Wilde

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert