Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Piano Improvisation - 'Forest Morning!'  (Read 2057 times)

Offline quiescen

• PS Silver Member
Piano Improvisation - 'Forest Morning!'
on: April 06, 2012, 04:58:13 PM
Relax and get refreshed as you enjoy a beautiful forest morning. Forest Morning uses broken chords to create a quiet ambiance. I've got the sheet music for this too at https://solosheets.blogspot.com

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano Improvisation - 'Forest Morning!'
Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 02:55:04 PM
A pleasant piece, but...I personally have always found adding nature sounds to new age to be distracting, as I want to listen to the music itself. Where I live in Pennsylvania provides enough birdsound backdrop already.

Offline jonalexher

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 09:06:38 PM
really nice tune :)
and yeah I definitely agree with derek! the piano solo would be nicer

Offline chopinatic

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 01:07:42 PM
Its a pretty piece, but not very adventurous for improvisation: for me, improvising is about exploring various feelings and harmonies and textures, this did not attempt much outside of its comfort zone. This is only my personal opinion! however this is a nice peice so far as "new age" music goes. Its pretty and its simplicity is beautiful, i do agree with derek It would have benifited from not having the background sounds. Please keep improvising though, Its great to hear different styles in the forum.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert