Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: I believe in love at first sight  (Read 8337 times)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Re: I believe in love at first sight
Reply #100 on: September 30, 2012, 02:11:33 AM
*Bob checks out this "dust."*  Gold... Medal....? Hey this is flour!  What the heck...?  
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #101 on: September 30, 2012, 07:55:15 PM
It's not flour!  It's pure magic in the form of magical dust!

*drops an atomic bomb of color into the forum*
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #102 on: September 30, 2012, 09:38:46 PM
*Bob makes bread out of this magic dust.*  Looks like flour.  Tastes like flour.

Offline xavura

• PS Silver Member
Reply #103 on: October 01, 2012, 12:25:20 AM
This has happened to me and so I'd be inclined to agree. :P

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #104 on: October 01, 2012, 04:25:16 AM
This has happened to me and so I'd be inclined to agree. :P

See?  Two people have successfully made bread out of this magic dust "flour." 

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #105 on: October 01, 2012, 07:40:27 AM
It's not flour!  It's pure magic in the form of magical dust!

*drops an atomic bomb of color into the forum*

*Watches a most glorious display worthy of the Crayola 64*
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #106 on: October 02, 2012, 12:35:12 AM
See?  Two people have successfully made bread out of this magic dust "flour."  

OK, but have you eaten any yet ... hmmm?

*Watches a most glorious display worthy of the Crayola 64*

Glad you enjoy, and I love that idea :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #107 on: October 02, 2012, 12:42:26 AM
Actually I'm out of bread.  I had plans to make my own in... 2010.  I bought all the ingredients.  They're still on the shelf under a layer of dust.  Dust dust.  I have a feeling I'll have to go out and buy all new ingredients.  But then I'm going to have to find the dishes and measuring things again.  It's a lot of work.  I'm hoping... 2013 might be the year.  Or maybe 2014.  I'll need to find the recipe again too.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #108 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:02 AM
HA!  Homemade bread is goooood!  But it's been ages since I've made any.  In the regular oven is better than a bread machine, in my opinion, but a bread machine is easier.  Those don't seem as popular anymore, do they!  Especially with low carb fads all over town.  There are loads of recipes online!

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #109 on: October 02, 2012, 01:08:45 AM
I'd get fat for this bread.  I just haven't made it yet.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #110 on: October 02, 2012, 01:27:24 AM
haha ... well, I went back to my Italian breakfast, involving bread not too long ago. 

I believe in love at first sight, but I'll tell you what I can't believe.  I can't believe it's not butter!

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #111 on: October 02, 2012, 03:35:23 PM
It is an intoxication.  It intoxicates the *** outta you.  Don't worry, it's a good intoxication!  It's a musical intoxication  ;D.

*no dust, just irresistible, undeniable, non-replaceable intoxication.  With a little whispery kiss*

BOOM, done.  Make MUSIC  >:( ;D

*Rattles the entire world from the very centre*

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #112 on: October 02, 2012, 11:53:51 PM
Butter's intoxicating? I gave up butter.  And margarine.

*Bob checks the floor.*  World's not rattling here.  ::)  Must be one of those localized world rattles.

*Bob considers this as a pickup line for the grocery store.  "Hey, baby, don't find that butter... intoxicating?"*

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Reply #113 on: October 03, 2012, 07:13:59 PM
People sure differ a lot on this topic. I used to think I would want love at first sight. However, my personality quickly taught me that either I do not deserve it or it is just not in the cards for me. The first and only time I felt like I had experienced love at first sight, it was because a girl had fooled me into thinking that she had learned my piano music by ear and was going to perform it at her church. That I was so...ridiculously self involved at the time that I would believe such nonsense is well...I can't even comprehend it now. In fact, I think what I learned is that self-involved people don't deserve to fall in love like that. I fell in love with my wife a completely different way, it was much more slow and based more on mutual shared values, lifestyle, and interest. There was certainly attraction at the beginning of course, but it wasn't this sort of incredibly powerful, holy crap I love this person kind of feeling. I actually think I have experienced that a couple of times but the women I was involved with then were pretty much insane in one form or another. So I guess that love just manifests itself in a wide variety of ways depending on individuals. We make a mistake as a society in feeling sorry for ourselves if we do not experience love in one specific idealized way that is so popularized in our culture. In fact I think there are a lot of lonely people out there who might otherwise be very happy if they would just part with all the nonsense shoved down our throats daily about how to love.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #114 on: October 03, 2012, 08:05:18 PM
I couldn't have said it better, Derek.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline lostinidlewonder

• PS Silver Member
Reply #115 on: October 04, 2012, 11:44:21 PM
It's like the word "soul mate". Some people never get married or have a life long partner because they are endless searching for this. I personally believe a soul mate is nurtured through a lifetime of togetherness, dealing with the ups and downs in life and changing in life together. True love is where two become one, the two people maintain their individuality but the love between them drives them change to become more understanding and caring for one another.

But what is love? We certainly could list hundreds of words to describe it.  Surely it is more than the love for your partner, family and friends. I am sure if we see a starving child our heart goes out to them immediately, that is the love from compassion. There are so many thing that could be related to an immediate "love" response a love at first sight. However most think of love at first sight to deal with your sexual partner, that's only the tip of the iceberg I think.
"The biggest risk in life is to take no risk at all."
www.pianovision.com

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #116 on: October 05, 2012, 02:25:16 AM
*Bob considers this as a pickup line for the grocery store.  "Hey, baby, don't you find that butter... intoxicating?"*

Actually, you'd probably catch somebody with that, as the answer is definitely "why, yes, yes it is."  ;D

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #117 on: October 05, 2012, 03:44:39 AM
*Bob's actual attempt at the butter line.... "You're really going to buy that?  You know it's just going to make you fat...ter...."*

"I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #118 on: October 08, 2012, 01:26:47 AM
Ah, found it.  Just after this thread was posted I saw it on tv.... 

"Klaus: Lebenslanger schicksalsschatz is not something that develops over time. It is something that happens instantaneously. It courses through you like the water of a river after a storm, filling you and emptying you all at once. You feel it throughout your body, in your hands, in your heart, in your stomach, in your skin...have you ever felt this way about someone?"

It's not a real word, but from what I see... Lebenslanger schicksalsschatz  means life long special treasure.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert