Piano Forum

Topic: finding vocal music  (Read 1851 times)

Offline omccreary

• PS Silver Member
finding vocal music
on: August 24, 2012, 10:03:02 PM
Are there any discussion groups or forums devoted to vocal music?

I know this is not exactly a piano-related topic, but maybe someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

(The immediate issue is that I'm looking for the complete vocal music by composer Carl Loewe, hopefully for medium or low voice. I'm looking either to buy a copy or borrow it from a library. It's not available in New York City, where I live, and I don't know where to go. )

Thanks.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Re: finding vocal music
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 10:15:59 PM
I'm a singer, I've looked for vocal forums in the past but I'm not registered at nor do I generally lurk around/read any vocal forums (and had barely found any in the past), however, in the past couple of days I've been perusing the web for one and ran into this:  

https://acapella.harmony-central.com/forumdisplay.php?119-The-Singer-s-Forum

From the little I've read, it seems to not be Classically oriented, but active with interested members nonetheless, and I haven't really looked deeply at it yet; it's just one that I'll probably go back to in order to find more out.  Other than that, I haven't got any recommendations at this point.  
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 12:38:01 AM
you could speak to the library folks about interlibrary loan lending services. that should get you what you need. i.e. they seach other library and borrow it from them then check it out to you. :)

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 09:33:02 PM
I second the Interlibrary Loan suggestion.  Through this service I've been able to borrow stuff from all across the country.  Pickup is as simple as going to your local library. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 11:19:53 PM
Download it?

https://imslp.org/wiki/Carl_Loewe_-_Complete_Songs_Edition

Though I do appreciate that printing it would cost a bit!
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline omccreary

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 01:33:56 AM
richard black: I missed your 8/28/2012 post. In case you're still following this, thank you for the link.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert