Piano Forum logo
October 24, 2014, 11:06:33 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Breaking News: Mysterious Mozart Cadenza Identified!

During his current work recording piano music by the Italian composer Andrea Luchesi — a contemporary of W. A. Mozart — pianist Roberto Plano made a most unusual and rare discovery. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rozycki Concerto 1  (Read 777 times)
philb
PS Silver Member

« on: September 23, 2012, 11:08:20 PM »

Derr, Thal? Do you know where one could acquire a full score/2 piano reduction of this wonderful concerto?
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
thalbergmad
PS Gold Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:32 PM »

If you want the full score, you will need to hire it from PWM, which is horrifically expensive.

You can buy the 2 piano score from some dealers, but it is a special order and about $100.

What I did was to get permission from the publishers (Wilhelm Hansen) and got a paper copy from the British Library. No doubt the score is held in other libraries that might be cheaper. Hansen gave me permission for free which is somewhat unusual.

This is a stunning and weirdly neglected work. On par with the Bortkiewitz which in my opinion eclipses everything.

Concertingly.

Thal

Michael Britchfield
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society
49410enrique
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 11:27:17 PM »

This is a stunning and weirdly neglected work. On par with the Bortkiewitz which in my opinion eclipses everything.

Concertingly.

Thal
am off to find a recording of this now!

PS/BTW slightly OT (but related) did you hear about this score being recently rediscovered after it was thought lost?
i absolutey loved it, listened to it several times last week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWBqQchS0oY

EDIT-indeed, wow. i still love the Bortkiewitz more, but this was sooo nice indeed. a 'new discovery' on my end.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: