Piano Forum logo
January 20, 2017, 08:03:02 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

BREAKING NEWS: New Chopin Photo Found!

The Swiss physicist and Chopin connoisseur Alain Kohler, already known for discovering in a private German home a Pleyel piano that once belonged to Frédéric Chopin, has made another sensational find. Kohler, together with Gilles Bencimon of Radio France Internationale, recently announced that they have unearthed a new, previously unknown photograph of Chopin. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moonlight Sonata - Adagio Sostenuto. Great orchestral transcription.  (Read 9452 times)
presto agitato
PS Silver Member

« on: September 29, 2012, 04:23:47 AM »

This is my first Youtube video that I make.  Smiley
Have you listened to this brilliant orchestral transcription made by Leopold Stokowski??

Opinions??

Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

The masterpiece tell the performer what to do, and not the performer telling the piece what it should be like, or the cocomposer what he ought to have composed.

--Alfred Brendel--

piano sheet music of Sonata 14 (Moonlight)
starstruck5
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 02:19:26 PM »

It starts off good -then descends into a horrible noise -because the sustaining instuments start quarreling with eachother too much -the orchestra sucks as an instrument -

When a search is in progress, something will be found.
49410enrique
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 02:33:22 PM »

It starts off good -then descends into a horrible noise -because the sustaining instuments start quarreling with eachother too much -the orchestra sucks as an instrument -
ture a lot of the time with regard to transcriptions of delicate piano pieces but it works in the right hands,

i.e.
Tippett Concerto for Double String Orchestra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: