Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: My first two improvisation recordings  (Read 2055 times)

Offline fromthewhalesbelly

• PS Silver Member
My first two improvisation recordings
on: January 16, 2013, 08:15:21 PM
Hi my fellow pianists and music-lovers. I am new here and have the intent to stay and be an active member of this forum.

To start I recorded an hour of pure improvisation, and here are two excerpts of it. Please let me me know what you think and if you'd like to hear more!
(Oh and in order to post it on Youtube, I put some nice pics to it ;))

Offline pankrpec

• PS Silver Member
Re: My first two improvisation recordings
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 03:40:17 PM
Welcome!

And what a start! I really like both of them. They are both very nice to listen to. As usual, I can't think of any detailed description, so even though I would like to write more, I just can't. But I'll definitely save them for repeated listening.
All truths, not merely ideas, but truthful faces, truthful pictures or songs, are highly beautiful.

Offline fromthewhalesbelly

• PS Silver Member
Re: My first two improvisation recordings
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 06:35:00 PM
Thanks! And thanks for the compliment(s). I posted a third one now too. If you like, you can subscribe to my channel, or/and listen to the whole playlist of videos here:

The third video:

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert