Piano Forum logo
November 24, 2014, 07:59:28 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Happy Holidays! Musical Greetings from Piano Street

The most popular composer among Piano Street’s members is Frédéric Chopin. As a holiday gift to our members and the piano playing world, we have prepared special piano scores of two of his masterpieces, in two different editions each. As another holiday surprise, a completely new feature has been activated in each member's account. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Riga piano  (Read 1396 times)
fredhoupt
PS Silver Member

« on: February 20, 2013, 11:43:25 AM »

Just bought an apartment sized Riga upright.  Very inexpensive.  I cannot find out any info on the brand.  It is a low end product and will do me just fine until I can leap up to a Yahama product at some later point in my life.  Anyone know much about who makes this piano and any stories about them would be fun to read. 
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
rocklandpiano
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:51:03 AM »

Lira produces 600 to 700 pianos a year, compared with the more than 7,000 uprights and grands it annually assembled from domestic parts during Soviet times. Its bright new showroom in northern Moscow displays a sampling of its instruments, including a model named after Tchaikovsky, a $2,000 instrument advertised as an "economy" piano for the middle class.

But the bulk of pianos for sale in Russia are better-known imports, which piano experts say typically have better sound and are of higher quality. Those instruments are bought by serious musicians and well-to-do Russians who consider a piano a desirable adornment to a spacious living room.

Piano players in Monsey, New York have relied on Charles Flaum since before 1990 for piano tuning, piano repairs and sage piano advice. Monsey, a family oriented village in Rockland County, is full of
fredhoupt
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:26 PM »

What is the connection between Lira and Riga pianos?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: