Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Bach Sarabande from Partita No.2 in C minor BWV 826  (Read 7522 times)

Offline alireza-zamani

• PS Silver Member
Bach Sarabande from Partita No.2 in C minor BWV 826
on: October 16, 2013, 07:54:09 AM
Hi, this is my performance of saraband from Bach partita no.2 bwv826,  please comment if you have ideas or suggestions for better performance.
 :)

Offline alireza-zamani

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach Sarabande from Partita No.2 in C minor BWV 826
Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 05:49:31 PM
 :-[

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 06:51:37 PM
I'm sorry for not posting sooner, alireza-zamani. This was a thoughtful and sensitive performance, with good articulation and subtle dynamics throughout.

I think it could be even more expressive. Not in a superficial way... you have a good interpretation and a lovely idea of the style already but I think you could play deeper into the keys somehow, and this would produce a more pure tone, with less sound.

Also, you piano is very out of tune.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:32:50 PM
A very nice performance. The piano is doing you no favours, though, so step 1 is to get it tuned.

There is a lot of question/answer type figures in this Sarabande, and I felt at times that you were answering the wrong question, so to speak, or mumbling your answers. Perhaps you could consider it anew with this aspect more to the fore. Nothing major, but it will make for a more cohesive performance.

Are you doing the whole Partita?
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline alireza-zamani

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 01:53:07 PM
 Thank you for listening to my performance and your kind comments. I had played that piece on the old piano that I have recently purchased.  Unfortunately due to my current circumstances, that was all I could afford!I agree that my piano requires some tuning. I hope I can add the other movements soon.

Offline alireza-zamani

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 03:59:27 AM
Dear j_menz
I have played the whole partita.
I would appreciate if you could give more details about your idea.
Tanks.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert