Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Aeolian Harp & Revolutionary-Chopin  (Read 1815 times)

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Aeolian Harp & Revolutionary-Chopin
on: November 19, 2013, 04:53:58 PM
First time ever in the audition room :)

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Re: Aeolian Harp & Revolutionary-Chopin
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:33:09 PM
Well played!

10/12
I think your technique is good enough that you could use less pedal in places, for an even more beautiful, expressive, and dramatic sound.

25/1 was very beautiful, with good forward motion and clean, expressive musical thought. I think you lost some steam for the climax, and it was a bit anti-climactic for me as a result. The inner notes could be somehow more integrated into the emotional fabric of the piece. They seem slightly timid in a few places, when they could have done more to support the top line.

Overall a wonderful contribution. You should be very proud of these extremely high-level performances!  :) You have the truly rare combination of good technique and good taste.

Offline sean528

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 08:11:59 PM
Nice. If there s anything that can be further improved, it would be the sustainability of the top notes for the harp and the rhythm, strength and the tension and relaxation of the octaves in the last passage of revolutionary.

Offline maitea

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:36 PM
Thank you very much both for giving such helpful feedback :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 09:29:08 PM
Maybe something's wrong with my tablet...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert