Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Glinka nocturne in F minor  (Read 1360 times)

Offline trus

• PS Silver Member
Glinka nocturne in F minor
on: January 22, 2014, 04:44:34 PM
Hello everyone,

This is my first recording of this lovely piece (played on my  digital piano, not on the Yamaha in the picture I just randomly picked to make a video :)) ), I am preparing this piece for a performance in about 5 weeks time . I didn't want to load it on you tube as it is not ready yet, but had no choice as all my mp3 or other audio converters have run out of free trials and I could not load an audio file in wav format on here!

Anyway, I am aware of the mess at the beginning with pedaling, where the rolled chords are in left hand, and an unexpected little pause where it should not be. In general, can you please give me your feedback, please :)  please tell me how can i make it better :) Thanks a lot! tonya

Offline sucom

• PS Silver Member
Re: Glinka nocturne in F minor
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 04:57:58 PM
I use Audacity to convert wav files to mp3s. It's free to download from here: https://www.softworld.com/windows/audio-mp3-software/other/audacity/?pid=301&d1=5152&gclid=CKXCjoegkrwCFRDLtAodAm0AfQ

Offline trus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:56:01 PM
Thank you! Very handy to know :)

Offline total_failure

Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 01:40:10 PM
wow, this is actually pretty amazing...
Good luck with your performance!

Offline trus

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:54:47 PM
wow, this is actually pretty amazing...
Good luck with your performance!

thank you, glad you liked it ! :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert