Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Training hands  (Read 1674 times)

Offline nick

• PS Silver Member
Training hands
on: February 05, 2014, 10:29:19 PM
I'm curious if others are working toward this the way I am.

It is all about touch, feeling the resistance of the key against the finger to know how much pressure to exert for an equal sound from each finger. Fingers must be on the keys to do this. Listening for eveness a must to make sure each is the same. Weaker fingers, 4 and 5 take special care and attention. Sometimes not sounding, then repeat to get the "feel" of it. Weight has no part in this, and that could not develop touch. Neither does pressing quickly, then releasing.
Interested in others opinions.

update: pressing quickly then release is more correct I think, stronger sound and relaxed as well. No opinions?

Nick