Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Piano friends from other countries  (Read 2264 times)

Offline pianolka

• PS Silver Member
Piano friends from other countries
on: March 03, 2014, 09:37:36 PM
Kind regards to all piano teachers in the world! We are coming with an interesting idea which can be attractive for others as well. We are two enthusiastic piano teachers from the Czech Republic who would love to get in touch with other piano teacher from abroad to exchange our piano sheets for our pupils (nice piano compositions by the national composers), to recommend good piano recordings reciprocally or to help to our pupils with meeting and making new piano friends from other countries. We hope to organize for our students thematic piano concerts – for instance „Greek piano music“, „Indian piano music“, „Belgian piano music“ etc.  Our students are between 5-18 years of age. 
Providing you like our idea, please send us an email or better write your contact details here as you can get answer from another country. We will reply to all messages or we forward your email to our friends – Czech piano teachers.
If you like our idea, please join us! Thank you!  ;)

Our information:

Two enthusiastic piano teachers

Offline bencollisonmusic

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano friends from other countries
Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 08:33:48 PM
Hello,

I think this is wonderful idea. I believe that it would add greatly to students if they were to have contact with other cultures, not only their own and what their teachers want them to learn. Being a student myself I can see how much I could learn from this experience. I also have a couple students and I think they would also enjoy this experience. I would be most interested in getting in contact with the both of you and seeing were this goes!

Thanks,

-Benjamin Collison

E-Mail: bncollison@aol.com
Google: Benjamin Collison Piano (for youtube and competition info)
First Prize winner of the Crescendo International Piano Cometition 2013
Honorable Mention of the American Prodigee  International Competition (Professional Level) 2013
First place at the YAPC 2013

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert