Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Hanon Revisited - Contemporary Piano Exercises (Based on The Virtuoso Pianist)??  (Read 11361 times)

Offline czernyragtimepianoplayer

Hello fellow pianists!  I'm Erasmus, a Middle-age, Early Intermediate Level, self-taught pianist....
Now, I have a very 'good' question about this book, can someone out there answer it for me, please....  Thank you - in advance!  "New Modernized Hanon": Hanon Revisited . . .
 *HERE IS THE QUESTION: This seems like it could really help me alot, but does anyone know "IF" there are 'finger numbers' on all of the notes througout the "entire" book??  I sure hope so, as it would make it easier for me to study and work harder at this one particular great Hanon....  Would someone from SMP (www.SheetMusicPlus.com), or someone else out there please let me know by writing a review directly after this one, thank you very much - in advace. Wish you all a great day!
**Hanon Revisited - Contemporary Piano Exercises (Based on The Virtuoso Pianist). For Piano. Piano Method. Studies. SMP Level 5 (Intermediate). Piano studies book. Standard notation, fingerings and introductory text. 116 pages. G. Schirmer #ED2697. Published by G. Schirmer (HL.50331070).  ISBN 1480344222.  With standard notation, fingerings and introductory text. Studies. 9x12 inches.  This title has selections that range in difficulty from SMP Level 4-5.
About SMP Level 5 (Intermediate).  Seventh chords and melodies in both hands. More difficult note reading with ledger lines above and below the staff.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Oh look. Another one.  :o

Please don't post multiple copies. You won't get different or more answers. You may in fact get fewer, ruder, and more off topic ones as people will think you're an idiot or a spambot.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert