Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven pethetique 2nd movement  (Read 1665 times)

Offline chatoto

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven pethetique 2nd movement
on: March 15, 2014, 10:35:12 PM
Recorded with my Ipad2 on a Pleyel
Beethoven 4th concerto
Beethoven op.111
Ravel Une barque sur l'océan
Franck Prelude chorale et Fugue
Scriabin sonata 4

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven pethetique 2nd movement
Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 03:10:10 PM

I found this one too "notey" overall. I heard some very loud accompanying notes that disturbed the tranquil flow of heart-wrenching beauty.

From the very opening, I hear impatient treatment of the phrases. They are beautiful and need to be treated with greater respect. Don't ever rush.
 It sounds flippant, instead of profound.

Your legato is lacking in many places, and pedaling doesn't create legato where no legato exists.

Practice this one without pedal. In general, it should be more rhythmic, and this includes having more space in between phrases.

Try to find ways of being more rhythmic without just accenting the beats. This will help it sound less notey!

Offline chatoto

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven pethetique 2nd movement
Reply #2 on: March 25, 2014, 11:58:36 PM
Thanks. It seems the same problem of the sonatine comes ...
Beethoven 4th concerto
Beethoven op.111
Ravel Une barque sur l'océan
Franck Prelude chorale et Fugue
Scriabin sonata 4

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert