Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: can't practice piano at night cause my neighbour is snoring so loud :))))  (Read 16397 times)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
(inspired by this thread : https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=54968.0;D

Ok so I have this reaaaalyy big problem!!!!!!! I usually practice my acoustic grand piano late at night (from about 10 pm to 8 am in the morning). I live in an old apartment building so you can hear everything that the neighbours are doing. So our next door neighbour snors sooooooooooo loudly!!!!! The whole night!!!!!!!!!! I just can't hear myself playing the piano, all I can hear is just this loud snoring sound!!!! And I tried ringing the doorbell and calling on the phone, but he just doesn't wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even opened all the windows and doors and played as loudly as possible!!!!!!!!! but nothing! he just keeps on snoring!!!!!!!! This is a really big problem for me, I just can't practice my piano anymore. I mean usually it was so quiet practicing at night all i heard was the sound of my paino, but now.... just this horrible snoring!!!!!!! oh and lately I've been also hearnig the downstairs neighbour taking showers late at night!!!! Like at about 2 or 3 am!!! I mean it's horrible!!!!! the sound of the water running is soooooo loud it's unbearable!!!!!! I mean what is she thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taking showers at 2 or 3 am!!!!!!! I mean doesn't she know how loud that sound of the water running is?!?!?! I mean it must wake everyone up!!!!! (except that snoring neighbour, nothing wakes him up!!!!).
I mean how can people be so inconsiderate????? Don't they know that there should be peace and quiet during the night? And I've heard some neighbours were complaining about not being able to sleep! Well I hope they call the police or someone else who can tell the noisy neighbours to stop snoring and showering during the night so I can finally practice piano in peace!!!!!!!!!! I'm also thinking about moving my piano on the balcony and maybe also putting a microphone and speakers close to it so it will be louder so I make sure i don't hear any other sounds. I don't know... what do you guys think??? anyone else has a similar problem?
I mean I usually don't complain but... this is just too much you know? All I want is just to be able to practice piano without all those other distracting sounds! You would think practicing during the night should be peaceful, but I guess not... people just have no respect!!!!!! snoring and showering and going to the toilet... I mean really?! Is it really so much to ask to be able to get those 10 hours of piano practice each night without being disturbed by rude people who have to snore and take showers and all that?!  >:(  ::)

Offline liszt1022

• PS Silver Member
What a bunch of snoring jerks.

Offline inverted

My neighbours were being similarly rude, their snoring was so loud I almost barely managed to keep up my routine of listening to Verdi's Requiem in surround sound every midnight.'Then one day as I passed the headphones shop on my way to the pharmacist I had a brilliant idea. I bought them some of those anti-snoring nose-strips as a gift.

Somehow they managed to be more rude and loud in person than they were through the wall at night.
Saxophonist + drummer now disgracing pianos everywhere.

Currently struggling with:
Mozart Sonata in C K545
Rachmaninoff Prelude in F# Minor op. 23 no. 1
Rachmaninoff Prelude in C# Minor op. 3 no

Offline perprocrastinate

• PS Silver Member
tl;dr, but wow, that's got to be some really loud snoring.

Offline pianoplunker

• PS Silver Member
(inspired by this thread : https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php?topic=54968.0;D

Ok so I have this reaaaalyy big problem!!!!!!! I usually practice my acoustic grand piano late at night (from about 10 pm to 8 am in the morning). I live in an old apartment building so you can hear everything that the neighbours are doing. So our next door neighbour snors sooooooooooo loudly!!!!! The whole night!!!!!!!!!! I just can't hear myself playing the piano, all I can hear is just this loud snoring sound!!!! And I tried ringing the doorbell and calling on the phone, but he just doesn't wake up!!!!!!!!!!!!! I even opened all the windows and doors and played as loudly as possible!!!!!!!!! but nothing! he just keeps on snoring!!!!!!!! This is a really big problem for me, I just can't practice my piano anymore. I mean usually it was so quiet practicing at night all i heard was the sound of my paino, but now.... just this horrible snoring!!!!!!! oh and lately I've been also hearnig the downstairs neighbour taking showers late at night!!!! Like at about 2 or 3 am!!! I mean it's horrible!!!!! the sound of the water running is soooooo loud it's unbearable!!!!!! I mean what is she thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!! taking showers at 2 or 3 am!!!!!!! I mean doesn't she know how loud that sound of the water running is?!?!?! I mean it must wake everyone up!!!!! (except that snoring neighbour, nothing wakes him up!!!!).
I mean how can people be so inconsiderate????? Don't they know that there should be peace and quiet during the night? And I've heard some neighbours were complaining about not being able to sleep! Well I hope they call the police or someone else who can tell the noisy neighbours to stop snoring and showering during the night so I can finally practice piano in peace!!!!!!!!!! I'm also thinking about moving my piano on the balcony and maybe also putting a microphone and speakers close to it so it will be louder so I make sure i don't hear any other sounds. I don't know... what do you guys think??? anyone else has a similar problem?
I mean I usually don't complain but... this is just too much you know? All I want is just to be able to practice piano without all those other distracting sounds! You would think practicing during the night should be peaceful, but I guess not... people just have no respect!!!!!! snoring and showering and going to the toilet... I mean really?! Is it really so much to ask to be able to get those 10 hours of piano practice each night without being disturbed by rude people who have to snore and take showers and all that?!  >:(  ::)

Sorry I'll try and  stay awake if I know you are trying to practicing piano. Just call me
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert