Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Can you guys hel me out? What are full chords and four-voice triads?  (Read 990 times)

Offline musicioso

• PS Silver Member
I was reading another topic and came across these terms, amd i am nit sure what these are.

Any help is. Ost welcome and will be appreciated.

Hugs!

Offline mikeowski

• PS Silver Member
I would guess four-voice triads are triads with a doubled note.
Like C E G C, or G E C G etc.
I'm not sure what the definition of a full chord is, but my guess is, it's a chord with all the chord notes present. For example F A Eb is probably an F7 chord (especially when something like a Bb chord follows), but it's not a full chord, since it doesn't have the C. The full chord would be F A C Eb.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert