Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Original Composition - Sonata in C  (Read 914 times)

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Original Composition - Sonata in C
on: May 06, 2014, 09:32:28 PM
I realize my compositions aren't too great to begin with, but I might as well put this up since I'm not going to compose in a very long time, due to a myriad of problems of every kind, from the physical to the mental to the emotional.

This is the only real "full" length sonata I've made so far, full in quotes because the size of sonatas can wildly vary. It is named the "F. Sonata in C", and no, I am not going to tell anyone what the F stands for, because it's rather personal. I tried to adhere to the sonata form to the best of my knowledge, and as I'm sure someone will point out, I'm probably very far off the mark.

Provided are the MP3, the sheet music, and the MIDI. Do with them what you wish.
Per novitatem, artium est renascatur.

Finished with making music for quite a long time.

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Re: Original Composition - Sonata in C
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 10:26:00 PM
You know, kakeithewolf, I think this is your most promising composition yet.

I was mostly disappointed by the midi recording. The sound of the piano is strange! And I would much rather hear it played by a human being, preferably yourself!

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 10:31:41 PM
You know, kakeithewolf, I think this is your most promising composition yet.

I was mostly disappointed by the midi recording. The sound of the piano is strange! And I would much rather hear it played by a human being, preferably yourself!

I'd probably be able to do bits and pieces of it, but the real part that would trip me up is the second movement, since I'd be playing what is normally for the right hand with my left hand, and vice versa.

Unfortunately, lessons to be able to get to the level of playing needed are out of the question for a long time. A lot of things are going haywire in my life, and this composition is the last one I can even make for the foreseeable future.

Offline kakeithewolf

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 12:55:53 PM
Oh, one thing I forgot to mention. Unlike a lot of my pieces, this actually doesn't overuse the pedal.

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 01:57:44 PM
Overusing the pedal is rarely a good thing!

If you compose something too difficult for yourself to play you have two options: simplify the passage in question slightly so as to not diminish the musical effect, or improve your technique of playing. Perhaps a combination of both options would yield the greatest effect.

You don't really need expensive lessons to get very good at playing, provided you are an intelligent and diligent human being. 
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert