Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Prokofiev 6th Sonata Last Movement  (Read 999 times)

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
Prokofiev 6th Sonata Last Movement
on: May 21, 2014, 09:47:37 PM
I'm preparing for a few concerts in June and I am bringing back the 6th Sonata which I've played for a year, on and off.

This is a practice take of the 4th movement.

Offline pianoguy711

Re: Prokofiev 6th Sonata Last Movement
Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 04:42:24 AM
Hi furiouz,  this is kind of off topic (I haven't really explored the world of Prokofiev to give any reasonable opinion) but I was browsing through the audition room a few days ago and came across a Prelude you composed for the left hand.  

Something about it grabbed my attention and so I learned it in a few days.  Man oh man, you wrote a VERY beautiful piece.  Counterpoint, interesting harmonies, melody: it was all there.  I was definitely picking up some Russian romanticism vibes (ie Rachmaninoff, Scriabin...).
I wish there was more...That melody could belong in the adagio movement of a sonata

Mind if I post my interpretation of the piece in the audition room?

P.S. keep composing  

Offline furiouzpianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 12:36:06 PM
I would be honored if you play and record anything of mine.

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 08:27:15 PM
About the Vivace, the tempo captures the rushed character.  However, there sounds like rhythmic issues with voices popping out and disappearing; inconsistent dynamics. The first section sounds confusing at places because of it.  Also, the slow lyrical sections: the RH is too loud for the somewhat contemplative character.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert