Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Piano Concert  (Read 823 times)

Offline johnwilson9

Piano Concert
on: May 25, 2014, 12:44:19 AM
Heres a video of the second half of a piano concert I did last week, thought i would share comments appreciated :)

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Re: Piano Concert
Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 10:37:10 PM
Good to see you posting again John. The beauty and force of your underlying musical drive is still there, and that probably outweighs all other considerations in the end. Never allow yourself to lose it. You have obviously been working on your technique, particularly your left hand, and you are successfully introducing figurations and playing forms which are new for you. All I can suggest is to steadily develop increasing haptic and musical vocabulary to an even greater degree - for an improviser it is a lifelong process - while always directing it to the furtherance of your musical vision.

Thanks for posting this, certain parts of which I found very powerful. 
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert