Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Liszt jeu d'eaux a la Ville d'este  (Read 1356 times)

Offline xxhottie88xx

Liszt jeu d'eaux a la Ville d'este
on: June 20, 2014, 03:00:28 AM

Offline pianoman53

• PS Silver Member
Re: Liszt jeu d'eaux a la Ville d'este
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 03:32:35 PM
Hey hottie ;)

The passage work is well played, but the melody doesn't sound enough. You have a nice color, but it just one color. You need to change it much more. The melody doesn't need this super singing tone all the time, but much more than now. Otherwise it sounds more like an etude in passage work.

I hope it makes sense

Offline goldentone

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 06:46:25 PM
Very fine rendition.  Early on I heard parts in the LH that I've never heard before in all the times I've listened to this piece.
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 06:58:35 PM
Hi xx,

I enjoyed hearing your rendition of this wonderful piece by Liszt. I'm OK with your balancing of the hands to emphasize melody in the foreground while keeping accompaniment more subdued in the background. I recognize too that while the melody is most often in the right hand, there are times when it shifts into the left hand, along with the occasional duet between the hands as well.  Overall I liked your articulation, dynamics, shadings, phrasing, nuances, playing the long line, peddling, and keeping everything in proper perspective.  You project it well for the listeners.  So I believe that your rendition is certainly meritorious. Thanks for sharing it with us.

David
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline xxhottie88xx

Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:20:43 AM
I will work on my color, thanks for the constructive opinion :)

Offline gvans

Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 12:52:42 AM
Bravo, nicely done. Very articulate, and judicious use of pedal.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert