Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Easy piano pieces - anime/movie themes  (Read 20705 times)

Offline ranniks

• PS Silver Member
Easy piano pieces - anime/movie themes
on: July 06, 2014, 07:39:04 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for easy piano sheets that you can basically sight read or learn to play by sheet after one or three goes at it.

Basically something like this:

https://www.mediafire.com/view/?6cfwctzlslc3p8y

I still use the sheet to play it, but I can do it from memory too. I just like to have the sheet in front of me just incase I forgot a segment.

I like sad music and anime music. I enjoy the titanic theme (my heart will go on) piano version, but that is not something I can sightread or learn to play entirely from memory after going three times at the sheet.

I also enjoy happy music. I kind of like everything.

Help would be appreciated!

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Easy piano pieces - anime/movie themes
Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 10:55:50 PM
If you search any of the online music stores for "arranged for easy piano" you'll get heaps of what you're after.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline jtfields

Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 06:25:33 AM
Many years ago when I was teaching myself to play, I made use of www.ichigos.com's fan arrangements of different video game/anime music. Some sheets there are advanced, but most are very simple! Another thing I suggest would be to visit a music store that sells piano scores (perhaps even with a piano you can sit down at in-store to give the music a quick test run) and see if they have any easy to play anime/video game music that may appeal to you. If this is an option, I'd definitely try it out! :) Best wishes!

Offline ranniks

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 11:51:31 PM
If you search any of the online music stores for "arranged for easy piano" you'll get heaps of what you're after.

Thanks! I'd rather have them for free to be honest. I'd be willing to pay if the sheet is made to play exactly as I wish like I described in my post.

I'll take a look. Once again, thanks!

Many years ago when I was teaching myself to play, I made use of www.ichigos.com's fan arrangements of different video game/anime music. Some sheets there are advanced, but most are very simple! Another thing I suggest would be to visit a music store that sells piano scores (perhaps even with a piano you can sit down at in-store to give the music a quick test run) and see if they have any easy to play anime/video game music that may appeal to you. If this is an option, I'd definitely try it out! :) Best wishes!

Thanks!

I know Ichigo's. They have a lot of cool stuff. I'll take another look at the site for material. Your last suggestion might be difficult for me seeing as the nearest music store that might qualify is far from my home. But I'll see if I can check out the store some day for the pieces that I like, but I'm not sure that they'll have any anime though.

Offline hmrichter

Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 11:59:44 PM
If you're into nintendo games, check out nin.sheetm.us, they've got nearly everything.
WIP:
Bach WTC Fugue 2
Chopin 17/4
          32/1
          70/2
"There are two things that are infinite- human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not sure about the universe." -Albert Einstein

Offline coherence

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 07:07:26 AM
Sebastian Wolff has a bunch of transcriptions from the How To Train Your Dragon soundtrack, which I love: https://sebastianwolff.info/music/projects/how-to-train-your-dragon/
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert