Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: [Video] Seal - Kiss from a rose (Piano transcription by Chelle)  (Read 1656 times)

Offline angelmorph

It was about 3 years ago when I had thought of starting to learn piano (just to be able to play my favorite pieces), however at that time I did not own any piano so I had to use my uncle's one for practicing my first piece (this piece) and soon I gave up because I couldn't practice daily.

Then in January 2014 I had a chance to buy my first piano (a digital Casio 250 AP) when my budget was enough and my new room had enough space for one.

I then started practicing this piece, in which I interested in right at the first moment I'd found and listened to it on YouTube. I've been practiced for not less than 30 minutes per day until I consider I can play it not so bad (I use a tutorial on YouTube of Mrs Jane Grossman for fingering reference and pedaling following one of my friend's advice).

Here's one of my attempts to play and record it (I've been practicing classical guitar for more than 15 years but still always get nervous each time I try recording a piece).

I know this piece is at intermediate level and even if I found it nearly impossible to attain at first, I still managed to start practice it because I really like its beautiful melody.

It's easy to hear the nail clicking sound, I aware that and cut all my fingernails very short, nonetheless, it's mandatory to have decent long right hand nails in order to play classical guitar so I've almost never cut them off short for years until I started practicing piano, that probably caused my index fingernail to be unable to be cut off anymore (I tried playing the piece on a public acoustic piano and almost didn't hear the clicking sound).

Due to nervousness and incomplete practicing (I also know it might be too soon to record any playing, but I badly wanted to...), there exists some mistakes in this clip.

I'm looking forward to seeing your comments and thanks in advance for any advice!

Offline angelmorph

Bump!

It seems that any piano recording which does not relate to genre classical will be totally ignored :)

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Everything sounds equally loud........ doesnt your keyboard have touch sensitive keys?
1+1=11

Offline angelmorph

Yes it does have "Touch response" feature and I'd already set it to level 3 (maximum level). So it's just technique problem, I will try to play bass line softer.

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
And i know you're not playing it with a metronome, its your fingernails that i'm hearing, but it sounds quite mechanically in tempo also. So try to think more with the melody and sing it with your fingers wich means the tempo should also be more freely.
1+1=11
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert