Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Online learning resources?  (Read 1093 times)

Offline adri123

Online learning resources?
on: July 16, 2014, 06:28:53 PM
Hi

I've got two children learning piano but now the teacher has finished for the summer.

I'd like them to see some learning resources/ inspirational material during the holidays and keep the momentum going.  I came across a few pieces of 'cool' piano playing ideal for giving inspiration to my near teenager on youtube.

My idea is to perhaps put a TV with youtube enabled on the wall behind the piano so they don't get so fed up of just looking at sheet music.

1.  Is there much good stuff on YouTube and has anyone else used it with success?

2.  Any other suggestions very welcome.

Many thanks

Adri

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Online learning resources?
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 11:28:12 PM
Not all learning has to happen in front of the instrument.  

Have your children listen to some music, watch piano vids, etc.  Ask them to describe what the music made them feel like.  What did they like.  What did they not like.  Have them elaborate on why rather than stopping at one word answers.  In short, have your children think about what they listen to.  Encourage active, as opposed to passive listening.

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert