Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven, Sonata Op. 27 No. 2 (I)  (Read 1122 times)

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven, Sonata Op. 27 No. 2 (I)
on: August 27, 2014, 12:45:29 AM
I hope it's not too obscure for some people: :)

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven, Sonata Op. 27 No. 2 (I)
Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 04:28:32 AM
Nicely done.

Do watch that you keep the triplets as such, so mind your accents - you're inclined to drift off into duplets, especially (but not exclusively) in the last bit.

To my mind, the "pause for effect" is overdone and loses it's impact.

Oh, and do put something up on the video - the blank screen is more likely to distract people into wondering if they've got a problem. Your playing is best, but the score (hard work) or just a suitable picture are fine too.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven, Sonata Op. 27 No. 2 (I)
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 07:39:33 PM
Thanks for listening, J.  I'm not sure exactly where you think I made some of the triplets into duplets.  I was going for a tempo that would allow a sense of the long line and didn't want the music to sound pedantic or metronomical.  I really don't think Beethoven would have been against using rubato when playing his music.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert