Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Good Piano Stores and Advice in London?  (Read 1263 times)

Offline js71

Good Piano Stores and Advice in London?
on: September 01, 2014, 12:22:13 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm new here. My name is Jerry and I like to think ive just passed the beginner stage in learning piano.

I am hoping you guys will be able to advice on good piano stores in London. I need good, honest advice and a good range on Pianos to play etc.

Can anyone help?

Jerry

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Good Piano Stores and Advice in London?
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 05:24:25 PM
Many years ago when I could be bothered to get on a train and go to London, I used to visit Chappells in Wardour St.

They did have an excellent reputation, but we are talking over 10 years ago.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:24:40 PM
Chappells is now Yamaha Music and therefore only sells Yamaha pianos. The best piano shop in the centre of town is Jaques Samuel, 142 Edgware Road, which carries a range of makes and models. Markson isn't bad and Peregrine's has some nice Schimmel instruments. Bluthner still has its own shop and of course there's always Steinway. If you can be bothered travelling a little way out of London you can often get slightly keener prices. I wandered into a small piano shop in Rye, Sussex, a few months ago and was quite impressed by the range and prices.
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 09:33:59 PM
I've been quite pleased with my purchases from pianoauctions.co.uk
B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Offline js71

Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 09:15:28 AM
thanks guys :)

I went to these guys in the end https://www.marksonpianos.com thanks to Richard Black .. really appreciate your responses!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert