Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Competition! How to get there?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline alistaircrane4

Chopin Competition! How to get there?
on: September 16, 2014, 09:03:50 AM
What do i need to do to compete? Schooling wise do I need a masters in performance or can I do it while in school because they ask for degrees also how important are the recommendations? It is my dream to simply compete in this competition and I get choked up just watching the performance videos and interviews Im already set to attend college for piano performance albeit community but I am going to transfer later to a conservatory most likely SUNY Purchase. What then? Even if I have the required repertoire what else do I need please help…..