Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven Sonata 19 opus 49 no 1, in G Minor analysis  (Read 3391 times)

Offline faa2010

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven Sonata 19 opus 49 no 1, in G Minor analysis
on: September 25, 2014, 03:57:31 PM

Hello,

I am starting to learn the next piece:

Beethoven Sonata 19 opus 49 no 1, in G Minor

I need to learn it and know it by memory for the next exam which will be in the second quarter of year 2015.

I though that by learning another easier piece of Beethoven could make it easier, so I learned and now I can play a Bagatelle Happy, Sad.

I haven't started yet properly with the piece, only the first 5 bars and it has turn complicated to me despite learning another easier piece of Beethoven.

Do I need to learn something before?, an analysis perhaps?, how could the analysis be?

PD I am also learning and I have 3 pages until now of Chopin's Valse Brillante op 18

Offline cabbynum

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven Sonata 19 opus 49 no 1, in G Minor analysis
Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 04:46:36 PM
Start with the 2nd movement and work that up first. It should really help. Which Bagatelle did you learn as some of them are quite challenging. I like this sonata, it is beautiful and simple.

1.Do you have a teacher?
2.How long have you worked on this sonata?
3.Have you played any other sonatas or sonatinas of any other composers if so which ones?
4.How are you practicing this?
5.Can you sightread the whole thing?
6.Which bars are giving you trouble?
7.How are you with chords?
8.HOw long have you been playing?
9.HOw old are you?
Just here to lurk and cringe at my old posts now.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert