Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Debussy Nocturne 1892  (Read 2718 times)

Offline robatsch

Debussy Nocturne 1892
on: October 21, 2014, 03:58:35 AM
Hi, I'm an intermediate piano player working on Debussy's L82 Nocturne.  It seems to be a much more difficult piece than the 1st Arabesque and Clair de Lune which I have previously attempted.   I'm confused by the way the notes line up starting on the second page.  Are most of the right hand notes falling in between those of the left hand or should they be played together (for instance, in the first bar on the second page)?  Although their stems line up, the actual note heads do not.  Thank you for your help.  Sincerely, Michael

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Re: Debussy Nocturne 1892
Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 04:52:15 AM
Answered in your first post of this question.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert