Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Bach's Partita no. 1 Sarabande  (Read 1090 times)

Offline chopinlover23

• PS Silver Member
Bach's Partita no. 1 Sarabande
on: October 31, 2014, 12:30:34 AM
I need help. In Bach's Partita 1, the Sarabande movement has unusual mordents. I haven't encountered these... They're found in the last 5 measures of the piece. Deos anyone know how these mordents are played?

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Bach's Partita no. 1 Sarabande
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 01:35:26 AM
I believe you are talking of the 32nd notes.  They are 8 to each beat in 3/4 time or 2 per each 16note click

Offline awesom_o

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:45:39 AM
Does anyone know how these mordents are played?

Yes. I imagine quite a few people know how they're played!

;)

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 04:43:30 AM
You'll find a table here that should give you solutions. Feel free to adapt according to taste.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert