Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Learning Scarbo  (Read 1394 times)

Offline khantallis123

Learning Scarbo
on: November 05, 2014, 12:53:06 AM
Hi. I'm Arthur.
I planned on learning Scarbo a few measures daily. I know I have not gotten to the hard part yet, and you might say for me to forget about learning this piece, but I am very persistent and determined. I will practice very hard the places. It has, for years, been my wish to learn this piece. It is so enchanting and mysterious, some parts are probably the most soulful music ever written.
    Can you please help me get to my dream? Criticisism is obviously encouraged. Also can you please suggest tips for the later parts of the piece? The help is much appreciated, and I will value all your opinions. You are helping my dream come true.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline khantallis123

Re: Learning Scarbo
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 01:59:26 AM
Any tips? Or am I just WAY to bad? :P

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 02:39:43 AM
Any tips? Or am I just WAY to bad? :P

I haven't ever played it, so can't really offer any tips at this point. It's not bad as a step on the way, but the advice you need to get it up to scratch will best come from someone who has been on the journey.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline cbreemer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 07:03:11 AM
It goes pretty well until 1:30 or so. This part is hardly indicative of the difficulties to come, but I think you can do this if you set your mind to it.

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 10:32:17 AM
Generally speaking if you have sound previous training and some natural talent then your motivation and commitment will usually allow you to handle pieces at and slightly above your difficulty limit if you are working on your own.  If you have a good teacher , then an even bigger jump can be successfully executed.

Best I can say is give it a whirl.  If you nail some of it and not others then out it away and come some years later, you may find your mid has worked out previous difficutly.  Even so. You would not exactly w a worse pianist for having tussled with a beast for a while and survived, is say you can go down that rabbit hole and come out all the better for it 8)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert