Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Anything by Liberace  (Read 1036 times)

Offline telekineticturtle

Anything by Liberace
on: December 15, 2014, 08:46:13 PM
So my babcia has been clamoring for some Liberace from me - I'm the only other pianist in the entire extended family besides her and my mother, and I've surpassed them both so far despite my well-deserved amateur status, so it was a pretty easy decision for an 80 year old polish grandmother. I'm a pretty big fan of Liberace myself, and, after a few videos, I figured I might as well give it a try and see how far I got.

The man turned out to be a whirlwind of energy and technical skill, sitting comfortably in basically any style of music you care to name. I got overwhelmed so quickly, my head is still spinning. However, I'm determined to get somewhere with this. Anybody have tips or tricks I could use?

Currently "working" on the Beer Barrel Polka because it's her favorite song, so if you want targeted advice that's where you should start.