Piano Forum

Topic: Piano Lessons  (Read 1829 times)

Offline danmir123

Piano Lessons
on: January 01, 2015, 02:42:55 PM
Hello Guys I recently purchased a CD of this website which has been teaching me how to play the piano I am now one of the best in my school currently at Grade 4 in a year. This software has helped all the way through my life teaching me from the basics to the advanced parts. I feel like I needed to share the website with others people willing to play the piano.

Link - https://bit.ly/1I1WAzT

Hope you check it out and find out how good it is!!

Offline transparently

Re: Piano Lessons
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 03:56:44 PM
Thank you for sharing! How much did you practice each day?

Offline danmir123

Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 04:13:27 PM
I roughly did 3-4 hours a week with extra practice

Offline transparently

Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 04:31:07 PM
Did you ever take "official" in-person piano lessons?

Offline danmir123

Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 04:37:31 PM
What do you mean by in person.
It a CD that basically has 200 videos of this someone teaching you how to play the piano.
It takes complete beginners and makes them into intermediates in the fastest amount of time that is why you have to pay for it because it is the fastest method known at the moment so quite a lot of people who are lazy and don't like to do lots take it bit nevertheless its made for everyone.

Offline danmir123

Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 04:39:47 PM
Its totally worth it because it has a money back guarantee if you feel it hasn't worked on you so that's great to know you should try it out at least.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 05:55:37 PM
https://pianoforall.com/

That's what the link is pointing at.

How are you associated with the site dan?  Haha.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline danmir123

Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 06:01:32 PM
This was the site that I was given by one of my friends who actually gave me the link and I don't think its possible to be associated with the website.

Offline eldergeek

Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 07:38:40 PM
It certainly is possible to be associated with the site: anyone involved in creating the site would most definitely be associated with it :)  ;D

Offline danmir123

Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 07:43:41 PM
Yes but I have nothing to do with it because I purchased it and used it.

Offline eldergeek

Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 07:48:23 PM
OK, so if you would like to upload a video of yourself playing, to show us how effective it is, we could be interested.

Offline danmir123

Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 07:52:26 PM
Wait Wait So you are asking me to upload me playing it well firstly you cannot upload videos. So.....

Offline eldergeek

Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 07:57:52 PM
There are many many places where you can upload videos - and then just post a link here :)

Offline danmir123

Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 08:00:19 PM
I'll do one sometime and post it here I'll do it on YouTube probably

Offline telekineticturtle

Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 08:13:31 PM
This board is filled with extremely competent pianists. Very few people here are complete beginners - why would they join a piano forum if they weren't serious about piano?

Some of our members are piano teachers who would be interested in the way you play now. We have legendary topics every so often (with hilarious results) where a first year student who has "mastered the first part of Fur Elise in 4 months and is now working on the other parts" wants to know if Fantasie Impromptu is a good next step. Hubris knows no bounds. If you play as well as you say you do, they will evaluate the method and see if there's anything they can adapt to their teaching.

My personal thoughts remain unchanged. There is no better method for learning the piano fast. The best method has been known for hundreds of years; 1 hour of mindful practice every day with 1 hour of warmup (or however much you can handle beyond that amount. Beware, it is boring and difficult) and a teacher to keep your ego in check and guide you forward...and help you out when you get stuck.

So no. Nobody here is going to try it or buy it. Especially if you can't prove that it works. Also, god damn man did you know Youtube exists.

Offline danmir123

Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 08:22:38 PM
As I have already told you I am only Grade 4 and yes I know what YouTube is where dos I say I didn't.
And I am only 13 so Grade 4 is ok

Offline chopincat

Reply #16 on: January 03, 2015, 09:33:12 PM
Ok, just keep in mind that there are tons of 13-year-olds who far beyond grade 4, and the majority of them have made this progress through the methods that telekineticturtle described (or similar ones). So I wouldn't go so far to say that this software is the best and quickest way to learn piano.

Offline danmir123

Reply #17 on: January 03, 2015, 10:46:31 PM
Yes but it takes a great amount of time if you take 1-1 lessons and I have had experience of that in the past when I started?

Offline outin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: January 04, 2015, 11:16:20 AM
Yes but it takes a great amount of time if you take 1-1 lessons and I have had experience of that in the past when I started?

Sometimes the reason it takes longer with a teacher is that they don't accept shortcuts and poor quality of playing, but when one studies alone one can often get away with anything...

So if quality of playing is of no importance and it's enough just to get through the pieces, then it's probably a lot faster to do it without a teacher.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: January 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
It takes complete beginners and makes them into intermediates in the fastest amount of time

That's bollocks. If people feel they can learn piano by video, then they're morons.

If they feel that they can play like a rote-playing monkey by video, then they're right.

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: January 04, 2015, 12:17:42 PM
More like, it takes complete beginners and gives them a truck load of bad habits!
B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Offline danmir123

Reply #21 on: January 04, 2015, 08:07:46 PM
If you don't like I don't care because it works and that's it I'm only giving people my personal experience and I know your name is hardy practices or something and you practice hard but I'm just showing you clearly that it works.
If you don't like it go away ignore the post.

Offline hardy_practice

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: January 04, 2015, 08:18:00 PM
I'm just showing you clearly that it works.
Have you?  I've taught (successfully) for over 25 years.  CD's have their uses but they don't evaluate your progress (which could well be quite poor) for you.
B Mus, PGCE, DipABRSM

Offline danmir123

Reply #23 on: January 04, 2015, 11:04:29 PM
What do you mean by they don't evaluate your progress.

Offline eldergeek

Reply #24 on: January 04, 2015, 11:27:13 PM
Very simple - has anyone ever had feedback (positive or negative) from a CD?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert