Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Stay away from Modern Piano Moving  (Read 2131 times)

Offline ironphoenixrecording

Stay away from Modern Piano Moving
on: January 16, 2015, 04:10:14 PM
Arrived late - I had to help move piano into studio because 16 year old boy (for real!) couldn't help - piano was mint and they damaged it - going on 3 months now and still they have done nothing. Talked to the owner, Russ, and he said they were the best company, defended lack of contact by his employees, said they have the best record for damage, I'm just unlucky. Honestly I can't even remember working with any company that is worse!

Offline visitor

• PS Silver Member
Re: Stay away from Modern Piano Moving
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 05:25:47 PM
cool story bro.
or.
you could be competitor looking to go after your rival a bit.
or you could just be a spiteful meanie and just have a personal issue w/ someone there.

could be true, could be equally unlikely to be true.

if true, sorry for your issue.

if false, shame on you.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 06:15:53 PM
Perhaps not wise as a first post.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline ironphoenixrecording

Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 09:11:01 PM
Dear Visitor - I'm NOT a competitor, I'm a Music Producer. (TMC Music Production, Inc. Chicago)
Google Todd McGuire Music or TMC Music Productions to verify. I posted this because I don't want anyone else to have to go through what I'm going through. FYI - here's a link re: the owner Russell Vitt.
https://caselaw.findlaw.com/mo-court-of-appeals/1130649.html

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 11:50:32 PM
Perhaps not wise as a first post.

Thal

Even less so as the first three, on separate threads.
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline modernpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 05:26:45 PM
The Company is fully aware of the damage (small nicks in the finish) and has been in contact with client.   The situation with the piano should be remedied soon.  The gentleman repairing the piano has already been in contact with the client and is a tech that comes highly recommended.   The process to get the piano repaired admittedly should have been faster.  We've made changes to our claims process that will address the client's primary concerns.   Thanks,
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert