Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: How do you tell the difference between electric blade & manual blade? - S.Holmes  (Read 1369 times)

Offline bonesquirrel

I seen Sherlock look at Watson in the British version of Sherlock Holmes (don't remember the actors name), it was some time in the second season, and he knew that Watson had shaved with en electric shaver.

Just out of curiosity, is it actually possible to tell if someone shaved with an electric or manual? Besides cuts ect. Which might occur more for someone who uses a manual.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Possibly the warm water, aftershave smell.

Or not being able to get all the places an electric razor can get. 

I've noticed foil shavers are pretty close.

One big difference is at the end of the day when the hair grows out a little.  An electric razor cuts the hair flat.  A blade seems like it cuts at angle.  At least that's what I think.  Because with electric I can move my hands across my face.  With a blade, it gets caught by a sharper edge on all the hairs.  Maybe the blade is at an angle or maybe it's because I tend to go in only one direction.   I did hear your supposed to relather and then shave in the opposite direction for a "proper" shave.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
I need to get back to this...

Writing things down and having the plan listed out is good though.
Having several routine variations would be good.

Always having something to write down ideas is good.
Working in pencil?

The part that's missing now is having the list right there.  Technology doesn't seem to really help much, unless it becomes more of a project.

Offline j_menz

• PS Silver Member
I need to get back to this...

You may well have "needed" to get back to something, but "this" clearly isn't it.  ::)

Wrong thread perchance?
"What the world needs is more geniuses with humility. There are so few of us left" -- Oscar Levant

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Yeah... Weird.  I would have sworn.... Bizarre.... My fault....
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert