Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Étude nr 2, in C-sharp minor.  (Read 1345 times)

Offline classical4ever

Étude nr 2, in C-sharp minor.
on: February 22, 2015, 02:27:58 PM
Hello everyone,

After looking at this forum, I was very impressed to find so many contributions of high quality, so I decided to sign up. I am not a professional pianist, but I have been playing piano for a long time at an (advanced) amateur level. Unfortunately, my playing abilities have deteriorated very much, mainly due to a hand injury some years ago, and I am now focusing more on composing.
Hereby, I upload an étude (an exercise for the left hand), which I wrote some time ago.  I am very sorry that it is just a midi playback (I have to tell you that I hate computer-generated music !), but I cannot perform this myself anymore. I tried to optimize the voicing and phrasing , but I am still not particularly satisfied.  If I find someone who would be willing to play this piece, I would like to post it once more. But first, I would like to know what you think of it. I would be pleased to post the score as well, if there is any interest.

Offline francoisfj

Re: Étude nr 2, in G-sharp minor.
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 04:07:49 AM
It's a very beautiful sounding etude! It doesn't seem much like midi to me, at least much better than what I get myself!
I would really like to hear more of your works, could you post some more or do you have a YouTube channel or something?

Offline classical4ever

Re: Étude nr 2, in C-sharp minor.
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 06:42:12 AM
Thanks francoisfj for your comment. UNFORTUNATELY I MADE AN ERROR! The piece is not in G sharp minor, but in C-sharp minor. I dom´t know how to correct this in the original post. Maybe the administrators can help me with this.
I don´t have a YouTube account, but I could  post some more pieces here.

Offline francoisfj

Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 10:50:39 PM
Yes, you should post some more!

Offline rachmforever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 11:01:33 PM
Hello everyone,

After looking at this forum, I was very impressed to find so many contributions of high quality, so I decided to sign up. I am not a professional pianist, but I have been playing piano for a long time at an (advanced) amateur level. Unfortunately, my playing abilities have deteriorated very much, mainly due to a hand injury some years ago, and I am now focusing more on composing.
Hereby, I upload an étude (an exercise for the left hand), which I wrote some time ago.  I am very sorry that it is just a midi playback (I have to tell you that I hate computer-generated music !), but I cannot perform this myself anymore. I tried to optimize the voicing and phrasing , but I am still not particularly satisfied.  If I find someone who would be willing to play this piece, I would like to post it once more. But first, I would like to know what you think of it. I would be pleased to post the score as well, if there is any interest.

Hey! I think it's good etude little pity of that midi sound but who care cuz I like that piece :) maybe you can upload score somewhere on internet. Definitely keep composing ;)
Chopin etudes op.10 No 1,3,12 op.25 No 12
Schumann and Grieg piano concertos A minor
Beethoven sonatas No.17, No.14
Rachmaninoff prelude B minor
and more...
learning:

Offline classical4ever

Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 05:37:02 PM
Hello Rach,

Thanks a lot for your reply, and I hereby upload the score. You can see that it is fairly demanding, but if you can play the Chopin études, there is no doubt that you can handle this piece. I did not put any fingering in the piece, because an accomplished pianist will work this out by him/herself. Anyway, fingering is often a bit arbitrarily, and also dependent on personal preference.

There may still be some notation errors in the score, or other things which could be improved to enhance the legibility, and I would be most grateful for all kinds of feedback.

Disregard the copyright as long as you only copy it for your personal use. My hope is to find a pianist here, who would be interested to play this piece. Please let me know! 

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 09:43:06 PM
Looks lovely! I'm currently in the process of getting my YT channel set up; once it is, I'd be more than happy to play it and give you the credit for it!

Offline rachmforever

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 10:00:31 PM
Hello Rach,

Thanks a lot for your reply, and I hereby upload the score. You can see that it is fairly demanding, but if you can play the Chopin études, there is no doubt that you can handle this piece. I did not put any fingering in the piece, because an accomplished pianist will work this out by him/herself. Anyway, fingering is often a bit arbitrarily, and also dependent on personal preference.

There may still be some notation errors in the score, or other things which could be improved to enhance the legibility, and I would be most grateful for all kinds of feedback.

Disregard the copyright as long as you only copy it for your personal use. My hope is to find a pianist here, who would be interested to play this piece. Please let me know! 

hehe thanks  ;) Ye I can play Chopin etudes but it don't mean I can't play this piece for enjoy it  :) Anyway I thought there could be more people who maybe don't play chopin etudes but want play yours cuz Czerny is really boring sometimes - nothing personal ;D so why not ..  ;)
Chopin etudes op.10 No 1,3,12 op.25 No 12
Schumann and Grieg piano concertos A minor
Beethoven sonatas No.17, No.14
Rachmaninoff prelude B minor
and more...
learning:

Offline classical4ever

Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 01:55:23 PM
Looks lovely! I'm currently in the process of getting my YT channel set up; once it is, I'd be more than happy to play it and give you the credit for it!

Hello Chopinlover,
I was very glad to read your reply! I would be extremely grateful if you could play this piece and put it up on YouTube. This could be the beginning of an exciting collaboration.
Best regards,
Johan

Offline classical4ever

Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 02:02:24 PM
hehe thanks  ;) Ye I can play Chopin etudes but it don't mean I can't play this piece for enjoy it  :) Anyway I thought there could be more people who maybe don't play chopin etudes but want play yours cuz Czerny is really boring sometimes - nothing personal ;D so why not ..  ;)

Hello Rach, Thanks again for your reply. My comment about the Chopin études was just to indicate what kind of playing skill is required, but I realize that there are so many excellent pianists here, that my comment may have been unnecessary.
Btw, today, I will post another piece, and I would be interested to obtain your comments.
Regards, Johan

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 04:35:15 AM
Hello Chopinlover,
I was very glad to read your reply! I would be extremely grateful if you could play this piece and put it up on YouTube. This could be the beginning of an exciting collaboration.
Best regards,
Johan
It may take a while; aside from just having gotten my recording equipment set up to where I can record via audacity, I have precious little time to record. And that time usually goes to practice.
But, we shall see!
(On a side note, can anybody be so kind as to PM me with the "For Dummies" version of turning an Audacity project into an actual video? Thanks!)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert