Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Progress after one year of classes  (Read 1698 times)

Offline fabiomassa

Progress after one year of classes
on: February 24, 2015, 11:50:33 PM
Hi there, i'm having piano classes for something around one year and i'm usually worried about my progress, even after my teacher saying that i'm doing OK, i just wanted to have your opinion aswell

I discovered that i'm deeply in love for piano soundtrack compositions like Yann Tiersen and have been praticing a lot. I think thats the most "noticeable" music that i can play with safety

Offline hammeroffelt

Re: Progress after one year of classes
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:50:23 AM
If you can play that after one year of lessons, I'd say you're doing pretty darn well. There is some good information in this link that pertains to your question. Bottom line is that there are no shortcuts, and everyone proceeds at their own pace. The important thing is to do it. I've been playing (if you can call it that) for around 20 months (starting at the tender age of 50), and think that I would find that piece very challenging.

https://www.soundfeelings.com/free/piano_myths.htm

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert