Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Étude in E-flat minor  (Read 1310 times)

Offline classical4ever

Étude in E-flat minor
on: February 28, 2015, 02:16:53 PM
Hello everyone,
Here is another of my études. It is one of the first pieces I wrote (I started composing about 4 years ago). The piece is rather short and should not be too difficult, and it could be fun to play it.  Maybe somebody is interested, and I hope to get some feedback from you. The score is included in this post.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Étude in E-flat minor
Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 09:38:13 PM
Just as with your C sharp minor etude, once my YT channel is set up, (with your permission) I might have a go at it  :)

Offline cbreemer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 07, 2015, 08:29:10 AM
Very nice ! Did you have the middle section of Chopin's Nocturne 10 in mind when composing the main theme ?

Offline classical4ever

Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 05:25:25 PM
Just as with your C sharp minor etude, once my YT channel is set up, (with your permission) I might have a go at it  :)

I would be really delighted if you could do this! If you have any questions or comments regarding the scores, please let me know.
Regards, Johan

Offline classical4ever

Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 05:40:43 PM
Very nice ! Did you have the middle section of Chopin's Nocturne 10 in mind when composing the main theme ?

Hello cbreemer,
Thanks a lot for your comments. Actually, I did not  think of this particular Nocturne, but I am certainly inspired by Chopin ( it´s difficult to avoid, he has inspired SO many composers). Some people commented that there is something of the Chopin "wrong note" étude in it, (but without the "wrong note").  Maybe,  I don´t know. Anyway, I did not think of any of particular Chopin étude either. 
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert