Piano Forum

The Complete Piano Works of 15 Composers
Piano Street’s digital sheet music library is constantly growing. With the additions made during the past months, we now offer the complete solo piano works by fifteen of the most famous Classical, Romantic and Impressionist composers in the web’s most pianist friendly user interface. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin - Complete Mazurkas  (Read 1409 times)

Offline cbreemer

• PS Silver Member
Chopin - Complete Mazurkas
on: March 22, 2015, 10:01:08 AM
Presenting my new re-recording of the Chopin Mazurkas ! It may be a bit of a mixed bag but generally I think these are ok and maybe even some of them are nice :)

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin - Complete Mazurkas
Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:00:48 PM
Hmm... Sadly, I was turned off by the few I listened to, they seemed very bangy. The first mazurka just seemed very... harsh. Sorry :/ Props to you for recording the complete set, though! I'll listen more when I can, perhaps I'll develop a higher outlook on them?

Offline cbreemer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 07:11:54 PM
Well, thanks for trying  :)
I guess most people (especially Chopin aficionados) have a definite idea on how they'd like these to go, and any recording is either your cup of tea or it isn't. I have to admit the first two opuses here do not inspire me as much as the rest. I think there is far more sensitive playing further along.

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:52:50 AM
All of opus 6 is great, what do you mean?  :o They're all lyrical except for perhaps the E major, which is still great in it's own right.
You're definitely right about most people having a definite way of how they want them to sound. But bangy is not something that basically anyone wants... Except perhaps BachScholar XD Who, by the way, you've surpassed in every way possible, not that that takes any considerable skill.
If you want a real laugh, listen to BS's Heroic Polonaise. It sounds as though it's in two.

Offline cbreemer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:29 AM
But bangy is not something that basically anyone wants... Except perhaps BachScholar XD Who, by the way, you've surpassed in every way possible, not that that takes any considerable skill.
Thanks for the double backhanded compliment.

From Urban Dictionary:

bangy
An adjective to describe someone who is too good at a certain topic or an event which is unbelievably good.

;D

Offline chopinlover01

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 04:44:36 PM
Well, then shall we make every piece ever bangy? XD
Oh wait, Mr. BS already does that. Our work is saved!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert